Friday, January 2, 2009

Preface - Pt.1

Our Family Beginning




Married to Dave at 19; the love of my life we had our first baby, Charlie, July 7, 1997 the first year we were married. The pregnancy was difficult because I was a bundle of nerves and every pain and every emotion was huge. I also carried baggage of guilt from a formerly wild life style and my view of God and who He was was very skewed. I actually thought God would take away something I wanted so much. Boy what a dark time as I reflect on it.

We set the record for the most visits to labor and delivery. I thought that two good things could not happen to me in the same year more or less the same lifetime. But it did and we had a healthy beautiful baby boy. I wish I could say at that time I was turned to God and was able to say my life changed then for the better but it was a much slower process than that. However Charlie was the beginning of seeing myself the way God sees me. (I will save my testimony of coming to the Lord for another post.)

Five years later we had a sweet and lovely baby girl, Maddy (Madeline). Her pregnancy was not as eventful, and she was a precious addition to our family. Full of life and energy, she has been a light in our family.





Five MORE years later...we didn't think we would have anymore children. Not that we didn't want more, we just thought that two was good for us and we had not really considered a third baby. But, you know the old saying "We make plans and God laughs at them". Well, I think God had a good chuckle the day I decided to take a pregnancy test on a whim. I hadn't been feeling quite right, mostly I had been having sciatic nerve pain and I do not get that unless I'm pregnant. To say the least the test was a positive and we couldn't have been more shocked and happier.

Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message)
10-11This is God's Word on the subject: "As soon as Babylon's seventy years are up and not a day before, I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.



No comments:

Post a Comment