Monday, June 29, 2009

Worry Wart

Philippians 4:5 (NIV)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
The above verse is something I'm trying to live out right now. When things are going haywire at work, at home or with family I have a hard time being content and not getting anxious. I tend to obsess and worry over what is going to happen and so forth. So instead of being anxious I'm learning to pray and not just pray but pray with thankfulness to the Lord and to present my saviour with my requests.
I received a distressing email this weekend. So instead of letting it ruin my evening I read, I spent time with my husband and kids and I did not check my email again until the morning. I prayed and asked God to help me be content even when something was going wrong. What a blessing it is to have a safe place to run to and to hide when things are out of sorts?!

No comments:

Post a Comment