Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Plans

This year I have the privilege of working from home during the month of June. I have to go into the office when necessary but mostly I will be at home. Maddy (age 6) doesn't start summer day camp until July so I will be with her and Charlie (age 12) as much as possible during June. Zoe (11 months) still goes to daycare.

Maddy has responded great with me being around during the day. She prayed thanking God for us spending time together and she tells her brother things like "Mom makes the best fries" and "Only moms can get out big splinters". To say the least I have been blessed by her response.

There is a downside to working from home as well. One being that when said splinter occurs you have to stop what you are doing and I didn't realize how much I depend on momentum in getting things done. Also, I have to resist the urge to nap or clean. For instance the living room looks like a bomb went off in it. I asked Maddy to clean up the craziness that is our front room. She said "I don't know how to clean." I had to take time to explain to her that she does and that she needs to do it in sections which required me to supervise.

I have to say I did this exercise with patience because, well... we are home all day together and I don't want her to stop telling people I'm good at this mom thing and stop thanking God for me...I know it's selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment